Last November 19, we celebrated our 8 years of marriage. Yes! 8 years, by God's grace!
I can still remember the time when I proposed marriage to my husband. Yes, you read it right, I did the proposal. Funny isn't it?
I was a new Christian when I got pregnant to Gabi, our eldest. We were living together and I was convicted that our situation is not pleasing to God. I told my husband which was my boyfriend then that if we want to live together, we need to get married. His face was puzzled but he eventually said OK. I think he doesn't want to disappoint me that time. He was just 18 then, 4 years younger than me and most of the time, I do the major decisions. I decided that we separate first in order to purify ourselves. We parted for 3 months and lived together after getting married.
The first few years of our marriage was a rocky road. We were both young and immature. We don't have a clear model of a wife and a husband. (by the way, I came from a broken family). We fight and argue a lot. We were both proud and self-centered. We have a lot of drama; from packing things, tearing our marriage contract, tossing rings, oh my! It was like a teleserye.
But I praise God because he is the restorer of every marriage. Though the enemy attempted many times to destroy it, God is sovereign. You see, there's nothing really good in us. We were both sinners with lots of faults and if God is not part of our marriage, we won't get this far.
After 8 years of marriage, we still argue and fight. We still exchange hurtful words from time to time. There are things about my husband that still annoys me and sometimes I still want to wring his neck, haha. But those imperfections, most of the time are covered up with love and forgiveness. We are a recipient of God's love and forgiveness, therefore, we should not withhold these things to our spouse. I choose to accept him and rejoice in his transformation because eventually, we will grow up out of our foolishness and stupidity as we walk with the Lord.
|hubby's sweet message posted in our FB account|
Marriage should not be focused on our spouse but on the one true God. Our husbands will never complete us, only the Creator Himself. Our marriage is not perfect and it will never be. That is why we need a perfect God at the center of it.
We have a long road to take but we are happy to know that God will lead us every step of the way. He is not done yet with our lives and we are excited for his plan to unfold.
We love because he first loved us. ~ 1 John 4:19
Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~ Philippians 1:6
November 7 – December 31, 2016
Deadline of entry submission: December 31, 2016, 11:59PM
All Lazada Philippines customers residing in the Philippines are qualified to join.
- Promo Period: November 7 – December 31, 2016
- Promo is open to all Lazada customers residing in the Philippines who purchase from the official Mamy Poko Shop and will enter the code "FLYTOJAPAN” upon check out.
- Qualified customers will get a chance to win two roundtrip flights from Manila to Japan (up to Php 150,000 in value)
- One successful Lazada order is equivalent to 1 e-raffle entry.
- Qualified customers can generate as many e-raffle entries as they can, as long as the promo code is entered upon placing the order
- Voucher can be used for any product except those marked "Voucher Not Applicable On This Item"
TO JOIN THE PROMO:
- Visit http://www.lazada.com.ph/mamypoko-official-store/ or launch the Lazada mobile app and sign up or login to your Lazada account.
- Select the mamy poko items from http://www.lazada.com.ph/mamypoko-official-store/ that you wish to purchase then click "Add Cart"
- Enter your shipping information
- Select your payment option
- In the payment page, under Order Summary, click "Do you have a voucher? Apply" and enter FLYTOJAPAN
- Roundtrip flights for two (2) from Manila to Japan (up to Php 150,000 value)
- Terms and Conditions
- All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking, with travel period from February 1, 2017 to June 30, 2017
- Airline: Cebu Pacific
- Roundtrip Ticket (MNL -TKY -MNL)
- 3D2N Hotel Accommodation
- Pocket money
MECHANICS OF THE RAFFLE DRAW:
- The winners will be selected at random on January 10, 2016 at 5PM, at the main office of Lazada Philippines. The raffle draw will be done electronically through the RANDOM.ORG program
- The winners will be informed through registered mail and contact number and will be announced via Lazada social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter)
- Lazada, Federated Distributors & Unicharm employees and their relatives up to the 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity are excluded from participating in this promo.
- Draw venue is at the 23rd floor Net Park 5th Avenue Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- By joining this promo, a customer confirms that he or she has read, understood and agreed to the promo mechanics, including but not limited to its terms and conditions.
- Cancelled orders will be automatically disqualified from the raffle draw.
- Prize is transferrable but not convertible to cash, and only consists of what is listed above.
- Lazada will get in touch with the winner via registered mail within 7 days upon raffle draw
- The winner can redeem the prize within 60 days from receipt of registered mail. If the winner fails to claim the prize within the redemption period, the winner forfeits his/her claim to the prize with prior DTI approval. Lazada will have a list of buffer winners in the event that a winner becomes disqualified.
- When claiming the prize, the winner needs to present at least One (1) Valid ID. Lazada has the right to ask for another ID if deemed necessary.
- In case of a winner’s representative claiming the prize, an authorization letter coming from the winner must be presented together with the winner’s valid ID and the representative’s valid ID. The winner’s signature in the ID and the authorization letter presented must be the same. The Authorization letter presented must be the same. The authorization letter must state the full name of the representative claiming the prize on the winner’s behalf
- Winner agrees to participate in publicity marketing campaigns.
A truly well-rounded education should involve training not only the mind,
but the heart and the hands too.
Nilalagnat si Enat is the first book in a new series on health for preschoolers. The Oki Dok series addresses the health and hygiene issues of young children. Written by popular children’s book author, Luis “Tito Dok” Gatmaitan. Tito Dok joins young children in discovering the wonders and workings of their bodies.
For a limited time, get back as much as half of what you paid for.
Typical reward programs would give you at least one to five percent rebate only, but with TravelBook.ph’s special promo for the holiday season, we will be offering an astounding 50% rebate!
Yes, that means you get back half of what you spend! This is TravelBook.ph’s biggest and most ambitious giveaway to date, and you only have from November 21 to 27, 2016 to avail of it.
Just imagine how much you’re getting with this promo: If you book a hotel worth PHP 2,000.00 you automatically get PHP 1,000.00 back in reward points. With this, you can already book a room worth PHP 1,000.00 for free or use it to further lower the prices of your future bookings. Take advantage of this weeklong promo, especially for the holiday season when staycations and out of town trips are trendy!
This is just the start of our six-week long holiday promo to say thank you to our loyal customers. Check back on www.travelbook.ph and www.facebook.com/TravelBook.ph every week to learn about the latest special deal that we will be giving away!
Book your hotels now at www.travelbook.ph and earn big reward points!
Say HELO Philippines!
The latest innovation in the health monitoring gadget, HELO is a smart wristband that you can wear 24/7 to monitor your vital signs real-time, providing data that can be used to improve your lifestyle choices leading to a healthier well-being and physical condition, and better life.
Helo is equipped to monitor your blood pressure, breath rate, heart rate, and ECG. It has fitness functionality to record your number of steps, distance and calories burned. It monitors your mood and levels of fatigue. For emergencies, simply press the *Panic Button located on the side.
Change the way you live.
#HELOph #HealthMonitoringDevice #HealthyOptions #Healthvestment
Please follow us on Instagram and Twitter: @HELO_phofficial
Facebook : HELO Philippines
Last November 5, 2016, I attended another Blogapalooza event. This is the second for this year and my second time attending as well. My first ever Blogapalooza was held at Elements Centris. This time it was held at Novotel Hotel in Cubao.
Reviews and Press Releases 6:45:00 PM
Lazada Philippines has set a new record on the first day of its highly-anticipated shopping event. On November 11, Filipino shoppers checked out more than 400,000 items on the website and mobile app.
|Stronger than ever: Lazada Operations Team|
Homeschooling days are not always smooth and easy, there are rough days. Well, actually many of it. No matter how prepared we are for the day, we wouldn't know how our day will turn out.
Just the other day, we were in the middle of homeschooling, when I started giving tasks to my son, he kept on complaining. Every time I asked him to do something, I would hear him grumbling.
I'm starting to get irritated by his attitude when hubby noticed us. He advised us to stop with the lesson since his heart wasn't right at that moment. We asked him to go to bed and take a rest.
Honestly, times like this are really frustrating especially if you are catching up on some lessons. You cannot go on with your goals because your child is not ready to learn and we need to deal with his heart first.
After few minutes, I came back to my workstation and saw his notes for me.
I was touched by his notes. I missed him doing this. I went to him, hold his hands and looked him in the eyes, we were both in tears. I asked him, "How can Mommy help you not to complain?". I was expecting a checklist of things to do in order to help him overcome it. But to my surprise, he gave me the best solution to his problem - prayer. He said. "Pray for me."
I didn't expect his answer, but I was reminded that it is not us, parents who will change our kids. We can tell them what to do and not do. But in the end, only God can transform them. It is important to pray for our kids especially if they are struggling with something. We prayed and hugged each other and we were both OK. Moments like these are really precious, thanks to homeschooling!
Many times I tend to underestimate the power of prayer, that's why I need to be reminded that it should be my first line of defense. Thanks son!
Homeschooling days may have rough days but it is also an opportunity to show grace to one another. We want our kids to know that our home is a safe place to make mistakes and a place where we can show forgiveness every time we fail.
Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. ~ James 5:16
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. ~ Ezekiel 36:26-27 NIV
How about you? What do you do when your child complains?
May I suggest, pray for them.